January 11, 2012

Patchwork Baby Quilt

I finished something that I started! I'm just glad I didn't set it aside and add to the pile of ridiculousness I call my WIPs.

No matter how many patchwork quilts I make, I still find them fun to work on. They're beyond simple so they come together quickly, but it's really the fabrics you pull that make it.

This quilt came together because I was staring at a pile of my Konas and it occurred to me that I needed to make something with a few of them. It's what happens when I have time on my hands... I go and stare and pet fabric. It's quite sad, really.

The back is Kona Celery and errr... A Moda Bella solid? I have no idea what its name is because I'm not that organised and also, I suck.

I was going to slap a Kona Chocolate binding on it, then just before I sewed it on, I remembered I had some grey and white dot that would probably look better. Dot anything always looks better, no?

It ended up measuring 41" by 47" and is now available in the shop SOLD.

10 comments:

Deb said...

Love the slate greys and turquoise!The polka dot binding looks fab!!

Angela Nash said...

Those squares came together fabulously!

Kate said...

Really lovely--love how you quilted it. Also love the back--not over-designed. Just right.

tabbiegirl said...

This is adorable - I love the quilting!

Lisa said...

totally cute! i love a dot binding for everything.

mascanlon said...

Love the solids in this quilt Audrie, they really make the prints sing! And i always go to the dots for binding, great choice...lol.

Unknown said...

i lOVE seeing boy quilts!! and then you add in some patchwork = i'm sold!

love it!!
x, H

Debbie said...

cute quilt, and I love the dotty binding!

Francis Paul said...

it's a lovely quilt!

Carla said...

Very nice for baby. Makes me want to bust out my scraps : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...