I chose to use cottons, flannels and ribbons for tabs because the client wanted lots of texture. She showed me her daughter's quilt, which was a very simple patchwork quilt with large squares. So I went with the patchwork design, and made little log cabins with the clothing in the centre.
I grew up with twin sisters, so I understand that twins need some kind of individualisation. I put their first initial on the bottom right corner of each quilt so they'd know which was theirs.
The back of Charley's quilt...
I put the initials of both boys with their parents' initials on the back, just to personalise it further. The initials stand for Ashley, Matt, Charley and Owen :)
(The hubs wanted to know what company AmCo was. Dork.)
I'm delivering the quilts today and then they'll go live with the boys in Ohio later this week :) I hope they like them!