September 30, 2011

Outside My Comfort Zone

I've been posed a challenge by a client. She wants two quilts for a pair of twin boys, and she wants them to have textures and tabs. I said I'd do it, mainly because I knew I'd have to leave my comfort zone because I'd never really mixed fabrics before. 

AND...
She handed me a bunch of fabrics that used to be their grandpa's shirt, and grandma's nightgown.

I like being challenged. It's scary but it's doing something you wouldn't normally do otherwise. 

I've picked a few fabrics... a mix of cottons, flannels and minky (not pictured). I got some ribbon to make tabs, and so far I've only gotten some squares cut out. I'm hoping next week I'll be able to sit down and put these two quilts together.

Wish me luck! :)

3 comments:

Vicki said...

They are going to be so cute! How sweet that you have clothing from the grandparents to include in the quilt. :)

Unknown said...

clothes quilts always turn out fantastic!! you kill it! :)

x, h

Suzie said...

what a keepsake those will be!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...