September 15, 2011

Randomness


Remember the custom patchwork quilt I just made and sent off? Well the customer received it and loved it so much that she immediately ordered another one for her mum. Aww :)

Earlier today, the skies were grey... and in the evening I actually felt cold. I wasn't sure I remembered how to feel cold. Twas a looooong summer, my friends.

I wish I'd taken pictures of the thunder and lightning show last night. (By the way, every time there's thunder and lightning, I hear Bohemian Rhapsody in my head.)


The hydrangeas in the garden have pretty much come and gone, but these two late bloomers are still here :) I think they're so pretty. (What the hell does Madonna know anyway? I think it's quite hilarious to have such strong disdain for a flower.)

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Beautiful hydrangeas. My favorite! Madonna's bitchy-- especially with her fake accent. (Sounds kind of like haiku, doesn't it?)

Angela Nash said...

Wonderful blue bloom! Our soil is way too alkaline for them to stay blue. They are always pink after a year or two. I should take a picture of one of our blooms - it is as big as my head!

knit to unwind said...

Nice quilt, what is the size of the squares ? I've been wanting to sew a similar one, but somehow never get to it. Now I am motivated !

Audrie said...

@knit to unwind: Thanks! These squares finish at 3.5".

knit to unwind said...

Hi Audrie, thanks for the info. The wedding quilt is lovely. Good job!

NiCoLe said...

I love your simple patchwork quilts. The fabric totally makes them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...