August 7, 2009

Almost There

Made a biiiiig batch of red velvet cupcakes for my niece's birthday party tomorrow. They're one of my favourite cupcakes because the sour cream in them makes them so soft and light.

I didn't frost them because Brigette (my niece's mummy) will be doing that at their place. Which makes me glad because I hate frosting it at home and then finding smushed frosting on the sides of the cake box.

I still have more baking to do... both are surprises. One for Steve's cousin Tim because we missed his birthday, and the other's for the birthday girl.

I picked some asters from our garden today. Aren't they beautiful? The homemade jam's from Brigette because she's awesome like that.

Also from Brigette, this bouquet of flowers. She gave them to me as a thank-you for baking the birthday cupcakes. Did I mention she's awesome?

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Those cupcakes are so pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...