April 20, 2016

Back At It

Oh how I've missed sewing. I've done a little sewing since I had Alexa, but it's been sporadic at best. But we've sort of gotten into a good enough rhythm that I manage to steal away for a few hours each day (an hour here and there, but still better than nothing!) to work on something.

The something I'm working on right now is a gift for a friend who's getting married next month. Yup, next month as in I'm totally insane to start this so close to the wedding but whatever. I'm going to do it and if not then well, I tried.

The quilt pattern is based on Melinda Lin's Braque... I saw the version done in Jennifer Sampou's Studio Stash yarn dyes, and it caught my eye. But I didn't think my friend's very much into woven fabrics, so I dug into my stash instead.

Honestly, I didn't quite fancy it when I started because I thought it was too all over the place for her. Me, I love scrappy, so the crazier the better. But I think she'll like it... I've sort of found the colour scheme I need to stick to and that's made it easier. If you're wondering, this is how I function 80% of the time. No plan, just throw stuff on the wall that I think might work and then hope for the best hehe!

Okay, back to work I go :)

What's everyone working on these days?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Love what you're doing with this quilt! I'm working on an improv quilt that combines text and numbers fabrics - along with a few solids and geometrics. I have no idea where it's going to end up, but I guess that's the point of improv, right? ;-)

mascanlon said...

i have such a hard time working like this. its part of the reason i don't get as much done as I plan, always second guessing and changing things! This is so much fun!

Allison said...

Glad you are finding bits of time to sew ☺ I adore hst so your quilt is jumping off the design wall at me! I have to have a bit of plan to get going but I stay flexible so ideas about borders and sashings can change and evolve as I go along - that can mean quite a few trips out for more fabrics though 😉

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...