June 27, 2015

Pink & Grey Rail Fence Baby Quilt

A close friend of mine is having her first baby (approximately four weeks till baby's debut!!!) so of course I made her a quilt! When she told me her colours were pink and grey, we'd just gotten bolts of Whitewashed Cottage by Moda at work, and I thought they'd be perfect for her quilt :)

This was actually the first rail fence baby quilt that I'd made, followed by the one in the previous quilty post. It's seriously so much fun, and so easy... I put the strips in pile and just sewed them together!

I finally met up with her again and gifted it to her... and thankfully, she loves it! Phew! Can't wait to meet the little bundle!!

5 comments:

Michele T said...

I love this quilt... Especially the colours, so soft and delicate, just like a baby!! I'm going to pin this one for inspiration, hope you don't mind!!

Deere Driver said...

What a lovely quilt that will be great when the baby is grown too. Love it!

Karen H said...

Beautiful quilt! Just wondering here, how wide did you cut your strips?

Allison said...

It is a very pretty quilt and the railfence block does work very well on that small scale. Love your photo with the quilt ladder in the background.

mascanlon said...

Very sweet! And such a lovely welcome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...