November 26, 2014

DS Sample Sale

A couple of weekends ago, I took a trip down to Bridgeport to Denyse's studio for her annual sample sale! I had a couple of friends who asked me to pick up a bundle of her new collection, Franklin... I haven't gone mad and bought three for myself! I got some scrap bags and a couple of odd ends.

I didn't stay long this time because my usual peeps didn't go this year. I went with the hubs, and while I shopped and had a chat with Denyse, he found a place that was selling used CDs. We now own a Mott the Hoople CD that doesn't even have my favourite song of theirs. Wonderful. Slightly passive agressive there, honey. Hahaha!

But as short as it was, I loved it :) It's always great eye candy being in her studio, and we got to wander around the building because it was an open studio weekend. We took a ride down to Westport for lunch at Shake Shack (YUM!) and did bits of shopping there and Orange... then home again, home again, jiggity jig!

My apologies for this blog being super quiet the last month or so. I've been extraordinarily busy, and as a result, very tired. And there's always that phenomenon of the longer you leave the blog, the harder it is to get back to it! But I've got quilts to show you, so hang tight :)

7 comments:

suemac said...

She has great scrap packs.

Rachel said...

What glorious eye candy!! Sounds like a wonderful day!! I wish I could drop "I chatted with Denyse" into a conversation! Haha!

Laura said...

Wish I could have gone to the sale, but I live on the other side of the country. Love your photos.

Tennjenny said...

yes! I would have bought Spotlight houndstooth too! I only have scraps of that. Also: Is that a Sweet Ruby print in blue? I wonder if that's for Spotlight too. Why does this all rhyme? Looks like fun, I'm too far away to ever go. :-(

Deb Cox said...

Glad you are alright my dear. Was beginning to get concerned. But business and tiredness does get the best of us from time to time. Take care and looking forward to when you can blog. You will know when the time is right and lucky girl to get to go to the DS Studio. Ahhhhh!

mascanlon said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Looking forward to the quilt show.

Nini said...

Great song! Too bad you don't have it. But I digress...thanks for the tour, those of us on the other side of the country enjoy seeing it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...