August 25, 2014

More Triangle Quilts!

I've made more triangle quilts for the shop! And there's even a new colourway :)

I haven't a name for it yet -- I've been trying to name it and no one can come up with anything that suits it. Also, I'm terrible at naming quilts. I keep thinking of something with 'candy' because that keeps popping into my head. But then I'm not sure I've ever eaten candy that was dark blue or that greenish yellow before lol Suggestions, anyone? Edited: I've decided on the name 'Rock Candy'. Thanks to everyone who suggested names though... don't be annoyed at me for not taking any of them on!

Something about these colours together makes me so happy. They're cheerful and fun, aren't they?? I play with the solids in my stash a lot, and one day I pulled these colours and just left them in stack on one of my tables. LOVE.

Kona Wasabi has become one of my favourites and I decided to piece the back for this one. I don't normally piece the backs of the triangle quilts for some reason, but I just really wanted to use Wasabi on the back and I thought I'd test the waters by toning it down with the grey.

As always, I used a black and white stripe for the binding, and stitched in the ditch in white on the front and grey on the back.

I love them all stacked like that... SO squishy!!

I've just listed Rock Candy (SOLD) along with Peachy Keen (with a grey back) and a Tango Mango in the shop :)

10 comments:

Jeanette said...

The triangle quilt craze can be attributed to you-the first one I remember seeing was your tango mango one-and it was so awesome all us quilters wanted to make it too ( I bought a ruler but that's as far as I got!)

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

I still remember coming across one of your very first triangle quilts and falling in love with the design, but also falling in love with your perfect color combo. You did it again- this combo of colors is perfection! Love it!!

Unknown said...

I've always wanted to make a triangle quilt and yours is so darn cool that I think I'm going to try making one. Your color combo is spot on...love...love..love.

LT said...

This is such a fun, versatile pattern, and your color choices are fantastic. I'll add my name suggestion into the hat... Pez, mainly because the pop, pop, pop off color makes me think of popping pez for some reason. Thanks always for sharing and blogging!

Unknown said...

Красиво!

Tara Celeste said...

Love it! The colors remind me of a carnival... Maybe you could work that into the name :)

Kelly O. said...

As always Audrie, you have outdone yourself in the colour coordination of this quilt.. but it does need a name :)
my kids and I have thought on this so here goes...

Very Cherry
Indigo Rush

and my kids think Rainbow blast would be a good name ;)

Kelly O. said...

I just thought of another... how about "Dim Sum"? Good luck picking a name :)

mascanlon said...

This quilts are always such a happy looking pile, lovely colors and workmanship! and of course that stripe binding, so good for many things but a wonderful accent with solids. Thanks for the inspiration.

Erika said...

Your triangle quilts are so gorgeous, the last two days I spend some time looking at them. I think I'll try to make one myself :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...