August 7, 2014

Cotton + Steel!

Everyone's gone bonkers for the Cotton + Steel fabrics, and rightly so! Have you gotten yourself some? Because you should. They have such a beautiful hand, and the prints are just ridiculously good. The colours, the fact that all five lines play so nicely together, and they're just cute as shit.

Don't look at the background. You looked, didn't you? Gawd. Our prints that are supposed to go up along the stairs have been sitting there in the living room for ages. Why? Because I'm an indecisive turd.

Moving on...

I made this for a shop sample for work from with the Cloud Nine pattern and it came out beautifully! I used a minty solid for the background (I think it's an RJR solid but please don't ask me what it's called because I'm not organised like that).

The pattern is extremely easy but as usual, I don't read instructions well so I really effed this one up initially. I sewed the wrong large strip on and by the time I'd realised my mistake, I'd already chopped everything up and sewed the top together. I win at life. I spent an entire day ripping the top apart and swearing (mostly simultaneously) but all's well that ends well. The silly thing lays flat, so I'm over it! Sort of!

I took it home to bind last night and because I wasn't up to sewing at the machine, I plonked myself on the sofa after dinner and TADA! It's so freaking adorable, I could scream.

LOOK AT THOSE LITTLE TIGER / CAT THINGS. Dead. I'm dead from cuteness.

And this bee print is just perfection.

I'm trying to figure out what to make for myself because I must own a quilt out of this yumminess. Oh the possibilities and indecisiveness... Don't hold your breath though, this is going to take a while. But have you made anything out of this collection??

4 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Mine arrived today. I succumbed to peer pressure and now have a crap-ton of fabric to fold and sort....

Lovely quilt - the quilting might be my favourite part.

Sally said...

I got sucked into doing a C&S swap. I figured it was a good way to get a little bit of each fabric. I was initially going to do only the fat 8th part (not charms) and then there were not enough people for the charm group, so I got sucked into that one, too. Well, you know that once you start something, you have to keep going… so now I'm swapping f8th's and charms! I'd better love this material when I get it!

Unknown said...

Love the quilt. I knew straight away that you were Aussie from the way you shoot straight from the lip!

Carla said...

Perfection. I love their fabrics. I've been working with them too. Enjoy your week

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...