December 9, 2013

Briar Rose Log Cabin Quilt

I finally cut into my Briar Rose stack! Admittedly, I bought another FQ bundle so that I wouldn't hyperventilate about cutting into it. Don't judge. 

Does anyone else have this problem? If I continue on this route, I'm going to need a bloody warehouse for all my hoarded fabric. In my mind, the first bundle is for my future daughter. As are the other stacks of cute kiddie fabric I have. I'd better have quintuplets if this continues. (Uhh no, I'd better not. My mum had twins and they were quite a handful, thank you very much.)

ANYWAY. How cute is this?! I thought very long and hard about what to do with the fabric, and because it had such amazing colours, I thought it'd be cool to contrast them in a log cabin style block. 

The little strawberries kill me. The little insects and the lady bee are just too much. Heather Ross is a genius.

I backed it with a Moda Dottie in grey, and I love those because they're so beautifully soft and have a wonderful hand. I used a pale pink for the binding (I couldn't tell you the name of it if I tried... it was in my stash) and I think it came together really well.

The quilt measures approximately 46" by 58" after washing and is currently listed in my shop :)

8 comments:

Andi said...

Gorgeous quilt!!
You are selling it waaaaay to cheap. Your hourly rate must be below minimum wage!!
Andi :-)

Sharon said...

Love how you used the fabrics in the collection for the contrasting strips. And, yes, I buy extra of my favorite fabric to horde after I make a project with it. Not rational, but to me it totally makes sense!

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

This is a totally gorgeous quilt! And yes, I am guilty of hoarding fabric for my future children. Given that I am currently single, this is a problem.

mascanlon said...

Yep I so get the hoarding thing. I have stepped up to buying 1/2yd bundles of my favorites so I won't use it all one one quilt. Am I ashamed...yeck no! bring on the Spring lines and Christmas 2014!!

Venus de Hilo said...

I don't hoard for a next generation, but watch out Mascanion: that "stepping up" to a half yard is a slippery slope! I now buy at least two yards, more often three -- six if it looks good for borders or backing -- of a fabric that I like a lot. But I hardly ever buy FQ bundles, so maybe that evens things out?

elbquilts said...

This is so absolutely amazing. Can't stand the cuteness. On the hoarding topic I am with you, and I have the same problem Adrienne does. Oh dear.

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Love it!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Love it! The perfect pattern to showcase these prints.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...