June 5, 2013

Scrappy Log Cabin Baby Quilt

I'm cranking out quilts again! I'm like a robot! Hence the picture of the robot!

No, not really... I was playing with the robot after I was finished taking pictures of the quilt... It's rough being me. Like a child, pretending to be an adult. And not pretending well either.

I finished this cute scrappy log cabin quilt yesterday and I was so excited to finish it because I just love the colours. And the scrappiness. It's just all very good. I used a lot of Denyse Schmidt prints from Joann (and believe me, I have A LOT -- this did not make a dent) plus lots of other dot and floral prints that I had lying around. Meaning I was lazy to put them away so I used them. What? And you're perfect? Pffft.

Such fun colours, seriously. It's amazing how the many lines Denyse has put out for Fabric Traditions sort of all go together. Love it!

I used a solid pale green for the backing because I thought it needed to be calmer to offset the crazy on the front. Crazy good, that is. I quilted it in a grid with white Aurifil (what else???) and bound it in a black and white stripe.

Cute cute cute!

The quilt is currently listed in the shop SOLD.

11 comments:

Angie said...

This is just yummy :D

Anna said...

Love it! And I have never tried Aurifil! But heard wonderful things about it from IG friends! (I never even knew it existed before that!) I will have to try it someday!

Vicki said...

Gorgeous. I love the mish mash of colors; you are amazing.

Victoria said...

Oh my gosh, this is gorgeous! What a great combination of prints and colors. Adore the robot too... personally, I have never gotten the hang of being a true-blue grown-up!

Little Island Quilting said...

Beautiful. I love the colours and the crazy scrappiness of it all.

Bennett and Graves said...

Love it! Did you do any sort of planning for the blocks or just grab scraps? I keep trying to do that but get bogged down in my ocd-ness.

Yes, Aurofil!

Paloma said...

Super cute!! what a lovely quilt!!

beth said...

i am in LOVE with these bright colors!! you inspire me, always.

Carla said...

So yummy! If my scraps looked that good, I wouldn't put them away either ; )

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

So gorgeous. I really love this. If you don't mind me asking, what size starting square did you use, and what's the width of your strips? I really love the proportions of your blocks. I've struggled to find the perfect proportions for a log cabin block.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...