March 2, 2013

Bella Patchwork Quilt

I'm on a bit of a mission to fill my poor, empty shop, so I played with more of the Bella I had and made a couple of patchwork lap quilts! It's still one of my favourite collections, and I still can't get over its beautiful hand. So soft and lovely :)

I quilted it very simply, with white Aurifil thread down the middle of each row so the thread doesn't take over the lovely prints.

The backing is a Moda Dottie in grey, and the binding is Kona Jade Green. I was so chuffed to find a solid that matched the green in Bella exactly! And totally by accident too... I just happened to walk past a bolt of it at work and it just hit me :)

I've listed one in my shop at the moment and once that's sold, I'll list the other. I figured it'd look a bit nutty if I had two identical (well, sort of... the squares aren't laid out exactly the same) quilts in the store hehe Both quilts are SOLD.

2 comments:

Carla said...

So now I want to cut into my stash of this fabric ; )

Christine S said...

This is one of my favorites as well, can't wait for Glimma :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...