September 10, 2011

Banana Hammock

Okay this is not a post about a banana hammock. Which, if you didn't know, is a nickname for the lovely Speedo. Also known as a budgie smuggler. (So many images, right?) But how funny is it to say 'banana hammock'? Say it. You know you wanna.

Anyhow, the hubs insisted we get one of those things to hang bananas because I'd leave them in a large fruit bowl, and occasionally I leave some to go a bit overripe so I can make banana bread. And occasionally, I forget to make the banana bread, so they get a bit erm... icky. Heh.

We went to get one after dinner tonight, and they only had one kind at the store.

Me: "Why is it so big?"
Hubs: "That's what she said!"
Me: "Oh shut up. Isn't there a smaller one?"
Hubs: "That's what she said!"
Me: "Alright. We're done here."


So there. Now we have a banana hanger thingie.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I just have to laugh at this b/c my husband has always wanted one of these and I always say it will throw off my kitchen decor to have bananas hanging around and it has become somewhat of a joke. (Like my brown bananas in the fruit bowl fit right in with the decor.)

Anyhoo.....my REAL reason for writing is to tell you that I'm having quilt envy over that patchwork beauty. She's a stunner. You did a great job.

www.lazydaisyquilts.blogspot.com

Rhonda the Rambler said...

Did you know you can freeze your overripe bananas right in the rind to use later in the bread? When ready to bake simply thaw, mash and on with the baking! Handy huh?

CitricSugar said...

"Alright, we're done here" could also be followed by "that's what she said."

I don't trust people that don't love a good "that's what she said." They're not normal... :-)

Deb said...

Priceless!! LOL!

Sandra said...

and of course you could ask "why is it shaped like that", to which hubs would reply...... :)

Averil said...

one of my fave episodes of Friends was the one where Phoebe wanted to change her name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock not knowing what banana hammock represented =)

One more banana related TWSS (That's What She Said) moment: "Hate it when it goes soft"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...