July 18, 2011

I Have No Willpower

I swear on all things holy that I tried my very, very best to shut down my urge to join in the Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-Long. But slowly, I gave in because I am a dork with absolutely no willpower. 

I bought the book and told myself I was just going to have a flick through, and start working on blocks when I was able to. HAH. That lasted all of two days. (Though that's pretty good by my standards.

So after I accepted my idiocy and picked out my colour theme (blues, pinks, yellows and creams), I went ahead and made a few blocks. And because I wasn't in the mood to fight with the printer (the laser printer HATES my laptop), I started with the blocks that didn't need templates.

Here are my first six:

Block 2: Autumn Tints

Block 4: Basket Weave

Block 9: Box

Block 10: Bowtie

Block 12: Broken Sugar Bowl

Block 16: Calico Puzzle

I think I'd been so taken with them because I've become more interested in traditional blocks lately. And these were so much fun to put together, especially since I rarely work with blocks so small. I don't know if I'll do all 111 blocks... I may, or I may stop when enough fun has been had :) 

2 comments:

Vicki said...

yay! They look great, and I love your colors. I have to finish quilting a quilt (and binding it) before I can continue...3 more blocks to go!

lamccarthy314 said...

I have the book and now you have made me want to get started. I just don't like using templates. I may get started just doing the ones I can w/o templates. I like your choice of colors.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...