April 4, 2011

Colour Strip Quilt #2

I made this colour strip quilt last week without knowing what I was going to do with it. I'd made one earlier this year and took it with me to Singapore so I could put the binding on and kill some time during my flight. I left it in Singapore because my middle sister loved it so, and I forgot to take a picture. Oops.


So the only thing I could do was make another! I added yellow to the mix to make it a little different from the first one.

I used P&B's Nuances, cut strips from them to make strip sets. I put the strips together from dark to light, and tada!

I did very loose straight-line quilting because I thought that's all it really needed.

I used one of my favourite prints from Ikea for the backing and a cute black and white dot for the binding.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it but now I'm sure it's not going anywhere :) Now if I could only figure out where the heck to hang it!

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

Really beautiful! I love the simplicity of it and the fact that my vision goes a bit blurry when I look at it (that is meant as a compliment :)

Jolene said...

Absolutely stunning! I love this quilt to pieces!!

Angela Nash said...

You'll have to hang it in a doorway so you can enjoy both sides!

Angela D. said...

This is so pretty! I love it.

Victoria said...

great effect!

nettie said...

I absolutely love this quilt. Please don't hate me if I make one just like it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...