February 15, 2011

What Do You Do On A Vampire Weekend?

Vampire Weekend is one of my favourite bands, and I carry my ticket stub in my wallet where a picture of my husband should probably reside. (Sorry, honey!)

I was paying for something over the weekend, and my friend's girlfriend enquired, "What exactly do you do on a Vampire Weekend?"

"HUH?", I eloquently reply.

Then I realised she'd seen the ticket stub and I started chuckling because the hubs had been asked the exact same question once before. He was telling his co-workers he'd gone to see Vampire Weekend, and they were thoroughly confused.

I guess it's an odd name for a band, but I'd never thought so because I'm too busy trying to figure out how to marry the lead singer. Whoopsie doodles... I really shouldn't type everything I'm thinking...

4 comments:

Ali said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Vampire Weekend. I was so excited to see them when they toured. :)

Erin J. said...

I love them too! They are so fun! My kiddos love dancing and going crazy to A Punk...except they call it "pink punk" lol. How was their concert?

Audrie said...

@Erin: They were amazing live! Funny too, which of course I love :) I seriously can't wait till they tour again, or release another album... I'm not picky hehe

Laura said...

This is so random- I've never actually heard Vampire Weekend, but my favorite band (Mumford and Sons) did a Vampire Weekend cover: my hubs used it as the music to this video of our crazy kid when it snowed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5P_F4t4R38&sns=em
... and I do like that song! Glad you had fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...