Well, I was thinking about it a few days ago, and wondering if it'd be possible for me to add more quilting to it because I felt like I'd placed the daisies a little too far apart. And as usual, the thought popped out of my head as soon as it popped in. ADD is a biatch, ya'll.
Anyway, I got an email over the weekend asking if I'd do exactly that to the Nicey Jane quilt. Curiosity got the better of me, so I agreed.
I wash all my quilts as soon as I'm done with them so they'll attain optimum puckeriness. (It's a word. I checked.) So quilting what had already shrunken and puckered was a little odd. So very, very odd.
It turns out, I could. I tried out a couple of quilting patterns, and found that a loose loopy pattern would work best. It went surprisingly well, although I suspect it won't turn out well for all quilts. I had a lot of blank space to work with, and the loops were really loose so I avoided any oopsies.
Here's a couple pictures of the front.
And here's one of the back.
Right now, it's off to its new owner, and I'm really thrilled that it worked out well because she tells me it's her very first quilt :) Gotta love it!