July 27, 2010

Nicey Jane Daisy Chain Quilt... Modified

I love Nicey Jane. I love it a lot. Working with Nicey Jane is always so lovely because it's just so pretty to look at :)

I'd seen the daisy chain pattern floating about and wanted to try it... but me being me, I modified it a little.

I shifted one of the squares on each block, and I ended up with five floating squares. Pretty cute!

Something about Nicey Jane's prints lends itself to being cut into little squares and sewn back together.

I tried the daisy quilting that Elizabeth from Oh, Fransson! did to keep with the daisy theme. It was a lot like doing the random circles that I did on my sister's quilt and the picnic quilt (which has never seen the outdoors but lives on my couch...ahem). Maybe just a liiiiiiittle more involved but not too different.

I started piecing the back together and then I realised unless it was a solid, you couldn't really see the quilting. So I put a tiny patch of Nicey Jane fabric in the centre and used a white solid.


I think it works :)

The looser quilting has kept the quilt sooooo soft and poofy. Love it. The binding is a green and white dot that I think frames the quilt nicely.

It ended up measuring 57" by 57" and would make a very large baby quilt or a comfortable lap quilt for lounging.

It's currently available in the store SOLD.

9 comments:

Dee said...

what a beautiful quilt and amazing quilting!

CitricSugar said...

I am wholeheartedly backing your backing decision - great choice!

Manda said...

Beautiful! I love the quilting!

Katie B. said...

Very sweet. L O V E the polka-dot binding.

traceyjay said...

It's so pretty! I ♥ Nicey Jane...

by Daisy said...

i love it. nicey jane is a great line, i love how you pieced and made it your own, and the quilting and the binding are just to die for.
amazing, let me tell you!

randi---i have to say said...

this is SO cute! nicey jane is such a pretty collection--all of that great color and pattern!

Stephanie said...

I love the quilting, the quilt design is pretty too! I think I need to try some daisies, very cute.

Rebekah said...

Love this! The fabric line is adorable and I love how your blocks float off the quilt. Fun concept!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...