January 1, 2010

Wishes For The Year Ahead, And Beyond

I don't make new year resolutions.

Although ten years ago I decided to get healthy, exercise and lose weight, but I think it just happened that it was January when I made the decision. Jan 11 to be exact. I think it was a Tuesday. Proud to say I've stuck with it and kept the 30+ lbs off.

So anyway, I'm not one to make new year resolutions. If I want to change something, I change it there and then. I don't wait for Monday. I don't wait for the 1st of the month. Mainly because 1. I don't want to give myself time to change my mind or lose momentum, and 2. I'm the only one I need to prove anything to is me.

(But I must say Jan 1st gym-goers amuse me a little because my husband will come home from the gym and fume about how he'll have to put up with those people for a month before they renege on their new year resolution and free up the gym again lol Elitist.)

I just hope that the people in my life stay happy and healthy, that I can continue doing what I love, and that 2010 is a bigger, better, brighter year for all :)


Picture from here.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

happy new year! I love making resolutions but haven't been the best at keeping up with them. I'm hoping this year will be better!

Unknown said...

Amen. I totally agree. Those promises are sillie. If I want to do something, I do it. If I want to change something, I change it. If I want to eat something, will I might think twice.

Have a great NYD

Looking forward to more of your outlook on like in '10

Barb said...

That is awesome about your weight loss and you have great resolve....you are amazing!!

Rebekah said...

Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...