October 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We're home! We had a nice time in Rhode Island, but the funny thing is we spent a lot of our time away in Connecticut.

The house we stayed at was H-U-G-E. I can't believe this is just a "beach house"! It was really beautiful but I have to say it was extremely weird being in someone's house without them being there too.


We made our way to Old Mystic Village (or Olde Mistick Village if you want to be old-timey) and it was really cute! So many duckies everywhere. I enjoyed the sign on the fence almost as much as I did the duckies.

The mums they planted made me wish I planted some too... and I love that ornamental cabbage.


I'm not a huge fan of pizza (please don't kick me out of the country!) but I don't mind the kind with a VERY thin crust and isn't greasy. So this, I did like.


We had breakfast both mornings at The Cooked Goose, down the street from the house. The food was spectacular... I miss it already.

We both had eggs Benedict... his with smoked salmon, mine with country ham and spinach. So. Good. The hubs is normally quite conservative with starches, but he polished off all his home fries... and mine :)

I have to say the highlight of the trip for me was on the way home, when we popped into Colchester Mill Fabrics. I'm so predictable, aren't I? I didn't take pictures... it's difficult to take pictures when you're excited and hyperventilating.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great little trip it seems like you had. R.I. has always been on our list of places to visit. It has just moved up a notch after reading about you visit, that's forsure. I wonder what those red bugs were... Never heard of anything like that.

Aren't some of those Beach Houses just too crazy and huge. I called them Beach Castles.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...