September 18, 2009

Vintage Button Picture

A dear friend of mine is celebrating her birthday on Sunday and she's just moved into a new home, so I thought I'd make her a couple things to decorate the house with.

I used a project from Sweetwater for a button heart made with buttons from my vintage buttons stash. Aside from the buttons, I used completely different materials. I had a frame and some linen, so I used those instead. Although in hindsight, I kind of wished I'd gotten a shadow box frame for it.

I'm also going to make her a table runner but I'm gifting her a voucher so she can choose the colour / shape / size since I have no clue what the new decor and colour scheme is in the new place. And I'd rather she choose so she gets exactly what she wants and likes.

Oh, and since we're having dinner at her place tomorrow night, I baked her a devil's food cake. I didn't get to eat much of the last one I made so I don't feel terrible about baking it again so soon!

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Adorable! This is such a cute project! The warm colors are so soothing. I like the frame how you have it now.

Vicki said...

What a cute project! I love the neutral colors you used.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...