September 7, 2009

Gobble Gobble Quilted Table Runner

I forgot how satisfying it is to make a table runner. It takes far less time to finish than any quilt, and quilting it doesn't incite any swearing whatsoever.


I made this runner out of Gobble Gobble charm packs and thought a disappearing nine patch would do very nicely with these fabrics.


I used the same orange for the backing as I used for the sashing. Of all the solids, it seemed the most autumnal to me.


I like how some of the stippling reminds me of oak tree leaves. And I love those pumpkins! It's been washed so it's all crinkly and yummy :)

The table runner's currently listed at my Etsy shop. Sold!

3 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

adorable!! i so need to make one of these...

Erin J. said...

Very very pretty! How do you do your quilting? I want to start doing some quilts, but don't know any finishing techniques besides tying with yarn. Any advice?

Rebekah said...

very cute! Table runners are such a quick and rewarding project, and a great way to use extra batting leftover from larger quilts

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...