July 19, 2009

Peanut Butter + Chocolate = Coffee Cake

I'm not a big fan of the peanut butter and chocolate combination (I know, it's very unAmerican of me, but my mouth doesn't get the sweet and salty thing). But when I read this post, my sister was behind me. She insisted I had to make it. Then I made the mistake of showing it to my husband. Yup. Had to make it. And pronto.

If you love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate, you'll love this, judging from the absolute silence I was met with while the two of them were stuffing their faces. I had a tiny bite just to make sure the texture was right. There's peanut butter in both the cake and the crumble topping, plus it's just an easy cake to make. Definite keeper.

The recipe's here, and as usual, I made a change -- instead of milk, I used sour cream. I love what sour cream does to a cake, making it all nice and soft.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...