June 21, 2009

Wonderland Pillows


All done with my Wonderland quilted pillows! They came about because I had lots of excess fabric from making the quilt (which still needs to be pieced together) so I thought I might as well make some pillows. Sort of as a trial run for ones I was intending to make for the shop using kona cotton, Heather Bailey fabric etc.

I love this Wonderland fabric from Moda. I highly recommend it... it has a lovely hand and sewing with it was easy peasy.

Quite happy with how they turned out, although I'm rethinking the back. I think I'll make the overlap a little bigger so I can either omit the buttons or just have the one button. I don't like using zippers for pillows because I always feel like the zipper tab somehow finds your face when you're lying on it. Or is it just me?


The free motion quilting's coming along... I'd like to think it's improved somewhat. I know the quilting process was a lot quicker than with the sewing machine mat.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...