June 17, 2009

Chocolate, I Has It

My husband's mum organised a huge family reunion over the weekend and as my contribution, I brought coleslaw and baked confections starring my old friend, chocolate.


Where chocolate's involved, I bring it, and I bring it hard. I made FOUR batches of chocolate chip brownies and a 9" x 13" pan of sour cream chocolate chip coffee cake. Did I get to bring any of this loveliness home? That's a big, fat nope. My mum-in-law was responsible for squirreling away most of the leftovers to take home, and today informed me that she thoroughly enjoyed it. Hmph.

Oh and I had to tell this story -- at the reunion, my mum-in-law grabbed my arm and dragged me across the hall to meet her cousin who's pregnant. She pointed at her burgeoning belly and exclaimed, "What's in her belly, I want that!". I suppose she was hoping with the close proximity that I'd catch baby or something. What a big silly.

2 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

Oh my! This looks fantastic. Love the Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee cake. Is that from a cookbook - could you give me the name? Looks delicious!

Audrey said...

Since I saw this cake on The Food Librarian, I just had to come by and visit your blog...especially since you have such a GREAT first name!
Audrey

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...