February 12, 2016

Introducing... Alexa Rose!

Sooooo... I might've gone and had a baby. That'll explain my absence. That, and a good dose of laziness :)

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably already know that I birthed this little cutie patootie you see here. Her name is Alexa Rose, and she came screaming into this world on December 1, 2015, bum first (I had a cesarean), peeing and pooping on everyone. That's my girl :) Haha! She's been quite the handful but oh good grief, do I love her.

Alexa arrived a couple of weeks early, and thankfully, one week after my sisters arrived. My water broke right after the hubs left for work one morning. I yelled for my sisters to ring him so he could turn right back as I sat on the toilet in full panic lol Fun times indeed.

Her daddy took this picture and it's one of my faves. He must've been singing at her or something... I feel your pain, kiddo. But we love him anyway.

And here she is relaxing on her auntie. My sisters flew over from Singapore and Australia to help with Alexa, and to just soak up their niece. I'm so thankful they did because with my cesarean, I don't know how I'd have coped without them. They cooked, cleaned, helped me figure out this whole Mum thing, and it was just so much fun to have them around!

Anyway, I'm going to attempt to get back to posting more regularly as I find my feet in this whole motherhood thing. It's not easy, but that little face makes it all worthwhile :)

22 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! I was so shocked to come to your blog and find this news! (I haven't followed you on Instagram yet.) Alexa is totally adorable, and I'm so happy for you and hubby. Congratulations!

Robin said...

Many congratulations!!! She is beautiful!!! :)

Stephanie said...

Wow, I'm surprised!! Congratulations!! She's too cute. I think I should start following you on Instagram :)

Allison said...

She's beautiful!!! Congrats!!

Deere Driver said...

Love the name! Congrats to the family!

Debbie said...

She's a beauty! So happy for you!

Vicki said...

Congrats! My daughter was born kind of in a similar way, except my water broke 7 weeks early and she was born a week after that. Butt first c-section. (Did you get to do labor too?) Anyway she is beautiful and I'm so glad your sisters were able to help out.

Hitch and Thread said...

Congratulations! Enjoy every moment :)

Dana Gaffney said...

Congratulations, she is so beautiful. I'm glad your sisters were there to help, I remember constantly muttering "where's the book, shouldn't there be instructions". :)

Lynn said...

Audrie! I'm so glad you're back! And you had a baby!! Congratulations!!! I hope you, the hubs and baby are all doing well. So nice you've had your sisters with you. (I always love your quilts...so glad you didn't just quit blogging:)

Nisa-mom said...

congratulation Audrie, wishing you happy and healthy always with your new born baby.. it such a beautiful name you choose.. Again, congratulations..

Vicki W. said...

Congratulations, Mama! Best to all three of you!
I'm so relieved it's a baby ... I thought maybe you abandoned us for roller derby ;)

Allison said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! The 'baby' in our family just turned eighteen! Enjoy every minute, time will flash by now you're a mother ☺

Unknown said...

Congratulations, she is a beauty!

quiltfairy33 said...

Obviously you make other beauties besides quilts! Congrats on your new little one.

Deb Cox said...

My dear Audrie, a big heartfelt congratulations on the next chapter of your life. I did not know you were with child so a big delight when I saw that you had posted something new. And a huge surprise when it was news of your wee babe. Take care my dear and rest well, you will need it (-: Blessed you are to have your sisters and husband so near to help and reassure. You are loved. And once again, congratulations to you all.

Gwen said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

Lu said...

Congratulations to you and yours and welcome to the little pooper! Ha, ha Many blessings sent your way.

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful baby! Congratulations, Audrie!
This girl is going to have a lot of quilts and cute little clothes and things in her future . . .

Linda R said...

Well I have been wondering where you were. NOW....I see why -- you have been busy. Congrats on the most Beautiful baby girl. She is sooooo CUTE!! Your sisters must be just tickled pink. Have fun with her.

Alison said...

Audrie, Alexa Rose is a gorgeous little girl.
Enjoy her and the cuddles as they grow up far too quickly!!

Carole said...

Congratulations ! That's a nice reason to stay away from blogging for a little while, you are right to make the most of this precious time !
Glad to have you back in Blogland nevertheless, and your daughter is oh so cute !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...