March 23, 2015

Rest In Peace, Mr Lee

My country has lost its founding father. It was news I was expecting with his health taking a terrible turn, but it's still so sad to hear. Singapore is in mourning, and I mourn too from afar. Regardless of whether we agreed with his ways, I can safely say that Singaporeans appreciate and are forever indebted to this man. We wouldn't be the country we are without him.

I find myself crying for him, but also for our stoic Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, who delivered a short speech in three languages, announcing to the nation that his father was no more. The composure he demonstrated was simply admirable. I couldn't imagine doing that after losing a parent with such grace.

Rest in peace, Mr Lee. We're in good hands.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...