February 13, 2013

I'm Officially Scared

This morning...

Hubs: "Hey, what are we doing this weekend?"
Me: "Nothing... Northampton on Friday if weather permits, but nothing else. Why?"
Hubs: "I have an idea. You don't need to cook! I'll do the cooking!"
Me: "Wait. What? Explain!" (The man cooks hard boiled eggs and still asks me how...)
Hubs: "Don't worry about it, I have an app!"
Me: "No no, you can't just say you have an app! What is this app? I need more information!"
Hubs: "Don't worry!"
Me: "Uhh, I don't like this..."
Hubs: "You like cauliflower?"
Me: "Yes..."
Hubs: "Okay."
Me: "And??? What are you cooking with the cauliflower!?!"
Hubs: "I don't know yet!"
Me: "It can't just be cauliflower for dinner! There has to be more!"
Hubs: *runs away*
Me: *to self* "Sooooo... I need to cook something to freeze before the weekend..."

This is going to be very, very bad. Very. Bad. Indeed.

15 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Ahahahaha!

It'll be okay. He'll figure it out. It will likely be edible. Just try not to burst his bubble before it requires bursting. Who knows? Maybe it's a magic app that actually makes non-cooks kitchen geniuses..!

Also, proceed with freeze-ahead plan. :-)

Ebeth said...

Hilarious!! Good luck!

Jan said...

Too funny. You can always go out!

Sandra (Cherry Heart) said...

Oh dear! I hope you both survive the experiment! ;)

S x

Cindy said...

Haha! I'd be scared too! Might not be a bad idea to freeze something!:) Can't wait to hear!

Elsa said...

Love the conversation ~ you and the hubs crack me up!

Debbie said...

oh dear. Sounds like exciting times ahead! ;-)

mascanlon said...

Does he realize he has a whole following waiting to hear about his "app"

kat129 said...

He could surprise you! I am interested to hear more about this app he has found...

Sandra said...

oh ye of little faith.....Is this a valentines celebration?
You know cooking is part of his "husband-training" he'll never pass the course if you don't let him do the assessments and mini-quizzes!!
You'll survive! Hehehehehe.........oh to be a fly on the wall...

Lisa C said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Bennett and Graves said...

Yeah, I'd totally go with the cook something ahead. My husband does great omelets...but just omelets. And when I asked "is there toast?" he completely lost it. Too Funny.

Amber said...

If he has The Photo Cookbook app you should be good. My hubs uses it and it always turns out great. Before the app he made a "potato surprise" for valentines day but ended up trashing it before I got home because it was so horrible.

Sandra said...

C'mon, we're all dying to find out how the "cauliflower surprise' turned out at the weekend......assuming you survived it. (poor hubs....)

Stephanie said...

I absolutely LOVE the glimpses into your daily life with your hubs. You two are just too cute!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...