January 24, 2013

Glimma

The lovely folks at Windham sent me a charm pack of Lotta Jansdotter's new collection Glimma (I believe it's out in April) to play with. I've always loved Lotta's designs, and Glimma is just as gorgeous as her past collections. The unexpected pops of colour are my favourite bit. 

Of course my favourite one is that orange fabric with the little trees. Love! 

There were only 24 charms, so there wasn't a lot I could do with them. At first I thought to chop them up into little squares, but I think I was on a Scrap Vomit / Scrappy Trip Along high. Then I dug into my giant collection of rulers and templates, and pulled out one of my many triangles (I think this one was a Wonder Triangle) because I wanted the prints to remain visible.

I auditioned quite a few solids for the background and finally settled on Kona Medium Grey since all the colours seemed to pop the best on it. The quilting was really fun to do... random straight lines all over the place! I kept having to stand back and figure out where to put another line hehe And the binding... ahhh the stripey binding. Can anything beat a black and white stripe? I think not.

This one was tiny... 32" by 39". Oh yeah, and for the backing, I used Kona Mustard. You can imagine that yourself and pretend that I didn't forget to take a picture of it and that when I did remember, the light had gone byebyes. I got the dumbs, you guys.

Oh by the way, January 24th is Visit Your Local Quilt Shop Day! I'll be at my LQS working... so you know I'll be leaving with something. Yeesh.

8 comments:

Purl Buttons said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the triangles! I am going to imagine the back is tangerine.

Anna said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE this! I love how the grey makes the color pop.
♥ Anna

Laura said...

Great use of the charms! I love random straight-line quilting. So liberating.

Elsa said...

Love the way you've used the charm pack ~ it makes me think of a very colorful forest!

QuiltNut Creations said...

So fun!! I love the prints in this line; and with the grey background, they sure pop!!

Danielle said...

Lovely! Medium grey is a big fave. Glimma on my must-have list. Ack.

jeifner said...

Love it. I think the mustard looks great with the grey and the Glimma, it does in my head anyway :)

Kelly said...

I know this quilt is from a while ago...but I love it. I'd love to do something similar with scraps of my moms old clothes (she's passed) or my babies clothes. Can I ask if you pieced these in or appliquéd them in? I bet you pieces them in but I don't have much experience with this much negative space in quilts and I'm having a hard time picturing how you did this. Any tips or help you could give? Thanks in advance!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...