We put all our purchases in the car and returned for the quilting demo by Peace by Piece.
(We were carrying so many bags on our way down that we caught the eye of a journalist who wanted to interview us about the art scene being revived in the Bridgeport area. I don't know if we made it into the article but if / when I find it, I'll share it here.)
While we were in Bridgeport, we popped into Toppings Cupcakes to grab some yummy cupcakes. They have their cupcakes naked, and you choose whatever frosting you'd like. A couple of my cupcakes had two different frostings because I couldn't decide hehe The chocolate cupcake with salted caramel frosting was SO GOOD. Which is saying a lot because I don't typically like anything caramel, but this was just done so very right. Yum.
- One queen Strings Attached quilt (it was pre-loved and only $50!!! What?!);
- One twin Spool quilt;
- Two small scrap bags;
- Four large solid scrap bags (they were only $5!);
- Seven plus yards of Kona Mustard on the bolt ($12!);
- Seven plus yards of a pink floral print on the bolt ($10!);
- A quilted bit that I've slapped some binding on and turn into a simple table runner (I'll show you soon, promise).
I'd be embarrassed by just how much I bought but I'm way too thrilled with what I got :) I'm demented enough to kind of wish I'd gotten more lol! Like I told Shannon's husband, don't judge! I'm so delighted that I went with Shannon (not that the hubs isn't great company) because it was definitely more fun to share this experience with a quilty friend :)