April 21, 2011

Back In The Studio

Finally reunited with my studio. I tried sewing while I was away on the shoot but I hated the space I had and the ironing board was just ridiculous.

A friend of mine is baking a little bun in her oven, and of course, I wanted to make her a baby quilt. We hemmed and hawed over colours, and finally decided on a colour scheme -- tangerine and hot pink. So cute.

She handed me some fabrics she picked out, and I filled in the blanks with what I had.

I just love the colours... So fun and summery!

Here are all 20 blocks. I've since put the top and backing together, and basted the entire thing. And of course the blocks have been moved around a whole bunch... I can't help myself with fussing around before I finally sew them together!

By the way, my friend is a little over seven months along and has told almost no one. It's her second kid, so we're totally respecting her request for quiet. She's a lot like me... doesn't like a whole lot of fuss directed at her, and would rather just fly under the radar. I think it's pretty hilarious that so few of us know about the pregnancy, and that she could just show up with a little baby when she arrives lol! That sounds like my kind of pregnancy... the less fuss the better! Not that it'd happen... my family will probably take out full page ads...

4 comments:

mascanlon said...

Full page ads....thats a great idea! Quilt is so cute. Love the simple design with all the busy fabrics and the white...just the perfect touch!

tarabu said...

meanwhile, I took out a full-page ad myself before the test was dry! well, not really, but I certainly wasn't quiet about it. I'm in love with orange these days and, thanks to your friends little bun, I'm falling in love with hot pink, too!

Carolyn said...

7 months along and hasn't told anybody? How funny! I could totally see myself doing something like that...

Unknown said...

What an adorable quilt! I love the colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...