January 12, 2011

Simply Sweet

My first finished item for the shop in the new year!

I had these half square triangles all sewn up months and months ago, but I'd set it aside to do something else. I found them when I was cleaning -- and I use that term loosely -- my studio a few days ago and thought I'd better finish it lest I forget them again!

The fabric is from the Simply Sweet collection by Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup. I love the gorgeous colours... so pretty and bright. Wish I'd had the foresight to have gotten more of it for my stash.

I quilted it with a rose pattern with the help of a quilt stencil. Tracing it was like pulling teeth (I only had white quilt pounce powder) and quilting it was far easier.

You can sort of make out the quilting a little better on the back.

The quilt ended up being 40" by 46" and is currently available in the shop SOLD.

I think it turned out pretty flipping cute :)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Such a sweet quilt! I love the backing.

Julie said...

that is just lovely! who wouldn't want to snuggle up with it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...