October 3, 2010

Quilt Along: Part Ten

We're going to put on the middle borders on the quilt in this part.

1. You'll need to cut four 3.5" strips the width of fabric (WOF).


I put on the left vertical border first and that measures approximately 42.5". The solid I'm using was wider than that, so I was able to get away with using just one strip of fabric.

If the fabric you're using is not wide enough, simply piece two strips together. (Two strips pieced together will give you enough for one vertical and one horizontal border).

2. Pin the border to the blocks and sew.

3. Press the seams and trim off the excess.

Repeat with the right vertical border.

4. Now we're going to attach the horizontal borders which measure approximately 36.5".

5. Sew on the top and bottom borders, press, and trim the excess.

(And because I'm a super dork, I totally forgot to take a picture of the quilt after I'd put on the middle borders before moving along to the next step. I plead insanity.)

If you're just joining in, here's likes to Parts one through nine.
Next up, we'll attach our large star blocks! :)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...