June 27, 2010

Eden Log Cabin Quilt

I finished a quilt. Shocker. I know I've been slacking with the quilts on here... I apologise.

I kept seeing bolts of Moda Eden at work and I loved all the colours, so of course I had to make a quilt with them. I've been working on some non-quilty things for friends and family, so it was nice to break things up with a baby quilt.

I did log cabin-style blocks, very similar to the birdie quilts I'd made before without the sashing. I decided to do away with the sashing because I liked how the prints sat together too much to break them up.

All the strips are 1.5" finished this time instead of doing the varied widths I'd done before. I always like that white border around the centre square so it pops a little.

The backing is a light purple check that I had in my stash, and I was thrilled that it was the same shade of purple. And I'm particularly fond of purple check fabric because that's what my kindergarten uniform was... Umm that's pretty random, no?

I brought this in to work yesterday to choose a binding fabric (I ended up going with a fabric I'd used in the blocks) and it was a little nerve-wrecking showing other quilters my work in person. Does anyone else feel that way?

Anyway, the quilt ended up being 44" by 54" and is currently available in the shop SOLD.

10 comments:

I♥thesecrazykids said...

It is beautiful!

Barb said...

Just love your quilt...great job!

Yvonne said...

Very nice. I love the Eden fabric. You did a great job choosing a pattern to use with it.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I haven't seen this fabric, but I have always loved this color combination. Really great quilt!

Vicki said...

It's pretty! Do you work at a quilt shop?

Unknown said...

Audrie, Very nicely done! The colors are quite romantic.

CitricSugar said...

Stinkin' adorable!

Dandelion Wishes said...

It's very pretty but I think they call this pattern "Square in a Square" rather than a traditional Log Cabin. Lovely color choice too!

ScissorsandThread said...

I love this - it looks great and I really like the back.

Rebekah said...

very cute. I love the purple and pink together!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...