Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 stick butter, room temp
1.5 cups sugar
3 eggs, separated
1.5 tsp vanilla
16 oz sour cream
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 tsp baking soda
12 oz chocolate chips
0.5 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda together in a separate bowl.
- Add sour cream and dry ingredients alternately into the butter / sugar mixture.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff, then fold into batter.
- In a small bowl, mix 0.5 cup of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon together.
- In a greased 13" by 9" pan, pour in half the batter. Sprinkle with half of the sugar / cinnamon mixture and half of the chocolate chips.
- Pour the remaining batter over this, and sprinkle with the remaining sugar / cinnamon mixture and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until tester comes out clean.
- Try not to eat the entire thing at once.