January 29, 2010

Paper Piecing Is Pretty Fun

For my Tethered Threads 2 quilting bee, this month's block was paper pieced. I cannot tell you how much fun I had doing these blocks! I joined bees mainly because I wanted to learn new things from new friends. I'd never have tried paper piecing (well not for a while yet) of my own volition, so I'm glad I had someone to make me do it.

I have to admit it was a little daunting at first because I start to panic a little when I do anything new. Plus I'm working with someone else's fabrics so that just adds to the trauma. And the whole sewing through paper thing is like huh?

But it all came together quite easily although I did have to rip a seam out. Or maybe three. But who's counting, really. I do have a commissioned quilt that I might just use this method for a few of the blocks. I'm totally hooked.

5 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Oh, great. Now I have one less excuse to avoid trying paper-piecing. Thanks.

:-)

Unknown said...

Isn't paper piecing the bomb? I just adore it! Great job on your little trees. My avatar picture is all paper pieced.

Angela Nash said...

I love paper piecing. The points come out so perfect, but I always feel like I'm cheating when I do it! My least favroite thing - ripping out paper pieced seams. The tiny stitches are so hard to get out!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

super cute little tree blocks!! i like them!!

Vicki said...

cute trees! paper piecing is great, isn't it?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...