September 4, 2009

The Fall Baby Wants A Fall Quilt

The hubs and I went to get the fabric for his lap quilt and we had a change of heart with the navy blue. Instead, we went with a brown check because I've got dots and checks on my lap quilt, so it'd be nice to have them look like a pair on the couch.

Plus the hubs decided that being a fall baby (his birthday's next month), he ought to have a quilt made of fall colours. Sure, honey.

He did choose a couple other fabrics before we spotted this, and everytime I nixed something, he'd remind me that it was his quilt, not mine. True, but I'd have to make it and look at it while it's draped over him. So HAH!

A bit of randomness... I had a minor heart attack when I saw this expiration date after I'd had a couple handfuls of goldfish crackers. See, where I'm from, you read the date by day, month, then year. So you can imagine my horror when I thought this expired on the 12th of June. Gahhh...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now those are the colours of a manly macho man quilt!

Hahahahaha....

-Ave

Anonymous said...

arghh!! So 70's. --aure--

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i liked the navy.. but this will be cute too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...