August 10, 2009

Monkey Quilt Part Deux

I finished the monkey quilt my Mum commissioned. I like how it turned out, and the fabrics are just so soft and smushy.


I kept the back pretty simple too, and made the strips all different widths.

Little tiny monkeys! I love this print so much... I want to buy a heap of it and hoard it for when we have kids. And that green dot fabric too, I do love it so. One day I shall make a baby quilt without green dot fabric in it. It'll be a stretch, but I hear it can be done.

The green in the pictures are all over the place because the sun decided to play hide-and-seek every half a minute. Lovely. I'm going to say the third picture is most accurate with the colours. Bad sun, bad bad sun.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

This looks wonderful... cheekie little monkeys, how adorable! And I love the beautiful simplicity of the back side!

CaryManda said...

i love the different widths on the back.
well done babes!

jacqueline said...

I love how you do your quilt backings! It's really different, and unique...(most quilt backings I've seen are pretty boring!) Whoever gets that monkey quilt is going to be vurrrry happy. :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

simple but adorable!! i'm sure your mum was happy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...