July 19, 2012

If It's A Funeral, Let's Have The Best Funeral Ever

Last night the hubs and I went to see Shut Up and Play the Hits, a documentary about LCD Soundsystem's final gig in April last year. It was such an amazing experience, and the fact that it was playing just that one time made it something truly special.

We're both huge fans of LCD Soundsystem and it's really sad that they've called it quits and won't be recording or performing anymore. This doco doesn't come close to experiencing them, but it was beautifully made and so raw. I shed a tear when they played "Someone Great" because of course I started thinking about my grandma when he kept repeating the line "someone great is gone". James Murphy shed a tear when he sang it... strangely heartwarming.

(On a different note, the hubs now wants me to cut my hair like keyboardist Nancy Whang's. I can only describe it as a reverse mullet... short in the back, party in the front. Not. Happening. Honey.)

RIP LCD. You North American Scum :)



Picture from here.



0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...