July 22, 2011

More Farmer's Wife Blocks... And A Redux

A few more blocks I made a couple days ago. I've almost exhausted the blocks that don't need templates, so wish me luck as I do battle with the printer!


If you'd like a closer look, you can click on any of the links to see the individual blocks, or you can go to my Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-Long set.

Also, I think I'm going to redo my Railroad block (top left corner). I LOVE the fabric and the contrast, but I think that dark pink fabric needs to be confined to making small appearances in blocks. It's one of my favourite blocks, but the dark pink just steals focus away from all the other blocks. Booooooo!

And I hope everyone who's affected by this loathsome heatwave is staying indoors and keeping cool :) The cats are insane, and still seeking out the sunny spots all over the house. Their current favourite is under the laundry racks in the kitchen. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to live in the freezer and avoid death... Unfortunately without success.

4 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Look @ the flickr group or google it, someone has gone to the trouble of putting all the templates in one 15-page PDF file, I just can't remember who at the moment.

MamaLiza said...

I love your choice of fabric! That book has been on my wish list since Feb. I told my husband I REALLY REALLY wanted it for christmas so that I could bein blocks in January and have a complete quilt by the end of the year. I hope I get it. I'm trying real hard not to get it before then. Let's hope I can wait. :)

DevonMaid said...

Oh I like the pink block .. there are flashes of the same pink in the other blocks, aren't there? Looking at your flickr group, that one block makes the others 'pop' ... a lovely effect :)

Alexis Kennedy said...

You are so talented and creative! I love these!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...