May 6, 2011

Strawberry Trifle

I made this because I had all the ingredients. It's so good it needs no actual reason to make it other than you can. It's possibly my favourite homemade dessert, only because it's 1. super easy to make, 2. insanely D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S.

Everytime I bring it to gatherings, it's gone in a flash. It's got nothing to do with my awesome cooking skills... this is assembly-only.

I can't remember where I got the recipe from, so here it is. You're welcome.

Strawberry Trifle
2 lbs of strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 cup sugar
8 oz cream cheese
1 tub Cool Whip
1 1/2 cup icing sugar (I think it's called confectectioner's sugar here in the States? Or powdered sugar?)
1 angel food cake, cubed to bite-sized pieces

- Toss the strawberries with sugar in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together till smooth. Add in the Cool Whip and mix well. Stir in the angel food cake.
- Layer half the angel food cake mixture on the bottom in a trifle bowl, then layer half the strawberries over it. Repeat.
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving.

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...