June 12, 2010

I Got More Answers

More questions! :)

Q: What is your favourite book or type of book? -- Rebekah
A: That question is difficult to answer (and lengthy!) because I don't have one favourite. I gravitate toward satirical, black comedy, surrealism, fantasy type fiction and my favourite authors are (in no particular order) John Irving, Chuck Palahniuk, Haruki Murakami, Neil Gaiman and Stephen King. (The latter, not so much anymore, but there was a time all I read were King books.) I do like some of Charles de Lint's books, and Douglas Coupland and Christopher Moore are always good for a laugh.
Favourite books... Someplace To Be Flying and Onion Girl (de Lint), The Hotel New Hampshire (Irving), Neverwhere (Gaiman), Kafka on the Shore (Murakami), Invisible Monsters (Palahniuk), The Stand (King), A Short History of Nearly Everything (Bryson)... and many, many more.
-
Q: Did you have any hobbies that you were as crazy about as sewing before you started quilting? -- Rebekah
A: Nothing that took up an entire room! Well, aside from my books. I was obsessed with cross-stitching and knitting before I started quilting, but that doesn't quite come close hehe
-
Q: Is your Janome Horizon everything you hoped it would be? Would you recommend it highly? -- Diane
A: I am totally in love with my Horizon. The only thing I had hoped it would be great at was being a better machine for quilting and it's definitely lived up to that. Thus far it hasn't given me any trouble (knock on wood!!!) aside from having to get the tension revised to suit my thread. It's definitely got my stamp of approval but because of the hefty price tag, I don't know if I can recommend it highly since the 6600 seems to be a great machine too.
-
Q: What is Blue is Bleu? Where did the name come from? -- joe tulips
A: Back when I was trying to figure out a name for my Etsy shop and blog, I played around with a few names before finally deciding on this one. Honestly, I pulled it out of my rear end... haha! I wish it had meaning behind it, but it just sounded cute to me. Plus saying it out loud amused me greatly :)
-
Any more questions, ask away :)

And I promise there'll be quilty content soon!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I really really like Charles de Lint's books, they are soo wonderful. :)

Diane said...

Thanks for the input on the Horizon, Audrie. I received the 6600 2 years ago as a Xmas present from my sweetie and do like it a great deal. I always have my eye out for the next best thing though for the quilting ability alone. I think I'll just wait a couple of years and see what they come up with next.

Rebekah said...

I'll have to check out some of those authors. Jon is a big fan of Chuck Palahniuk and Haruki Murakami already.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...