July 11, 2013

Blind As A Bat

I tend to give the hubs grief about not being observant because he just doesn't notice things that are blatantly obvious. And when he's helping me put things away in the kitchen, he still asks where things go. After five and a half years. At least moving to a new house won't undo any 'training' huh? hehe

Well, anyway, I think maybe I'm not going to get annoyed with him too much anymore because the other day...

Me: "You know what I'm really going to miss in the new house? Having a ceiling fan in the bedroom."
Hubs: "Umm, there IS a ceiling fan in our new bedroom."
Me: "Umm. No, there isn't."
Hubs: "Yes, there is."
Me: "Don't you think I would remember that!"
Hubs: "There issssss!"
*Searching for pictures of the bedroom*
Me: "Oh... Yes... There is a fan... HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT? ARE YOU MORE OBSERVANT THAN ME NOW?!? OMG."
Hubs: "Yup."

There it is. Bloody giant fan that you cannot miss. Wow. I know I need glasses but geez, how'd I miss that?!?! I mean, seriously!?! Well, if you need me, I'll be the one in the corner poking my eyes out with a blunt spoon.

(That's a picture from the listing... the walls are now WHITE! Woot woot! I'm not a fan of brown so every brown wall has been eradicated. Plus the candy colours on the kids' walls. Because yikes.)

5 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Umm, if you're a CSI fan Grissom always said: People don't look up. In this case, it's true. The only way you could miss seeing the fan if you didn't look at the ceiling. That simple :)))) Btw, mine still puts the things away in the wrong cabinet in the kitchen. After 10 years in the same house :)))

Katie B said...

Ha! After we made an offer on our house, I freaked out because I didn't remember seeing a dishwasher.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandra said...

lol. You'd hate my house. Entry chocolate brown, kitchen dark red, living room green, master-suite mustard etc.,etc., oh yeah, 9 year DD, bubblegum pink!!!

Wishing you all the best with your move; don't envy you one bit. Do you need somewhere to "store" your stash of fabric!!!

Averil said...

Oh Audrie, sweet senile batty old Audrie...

hahaha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...