June 17, 2013

Girl Seeking Suit Valet

Ever since I saw this picture on decordots, I've been searching for a nice suit valet for my husband. Preferably one exactly like that! My dad has one, but it's wood / metal and massive. He offered to give it to the hubs but I kind of like this sleek minimalist one. And I didn't want to have to carry it home from Singapore!

I've found one sort of similar but it's in the UK. It's not similar enough for me to think about shipping it here though. And I've found other ones that are quite nice, but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger and purchase them. Why does the Internet try to ruin my life by showing me pretty things??? :/

(Also, I want to whitewash our floors and the hubs wants to wring my neck. HEEHEE!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I don't know why but I think you could make your own with PVC pipe and spray paint it whatever color you wanted.

Tina Short said...

We had one years ago from IKEA - dont know if they still do them but worth a look.

CitricSugar said...

That's awesome!! I have always loved the idea of a valet but hated the Sears-esque versions I've seen. That one is perfect. It maybe looks like you could have it made if you found a sculptor or metalworker and then blasted it with metal spray paint. I'd hit up the local college art department and see if you could pay a starving student to whip one up for you.

White-washing the floors is totally cool if you are comfortable with regular scuffs and scratches and calling it "patina" OR happy to repaint and rewax every six months, multiple coats for the rest of eternity. It would look calm and soothing until one of the cats started one of those crazy cat rodeos that all cats have when you least expect it and scraped offa huge chunk of paint across the centre of your living room. :-) It does look lovely, though...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...