December 30, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I've been sick with a very shitty cold, thanks to a Target employee who coughed on me on Christmas Eve Eve. Idiot. So I missed Christmas (I slept from Christmas Eve till Boxing Day aka the day after Christmas) because of it. I'm told it snowed on Christmas. I wouldn't know BECAUSE I WAS SLEEPING. Do over!!! 

I got better on Wednesday but by Friday, I was sick as a dog again. I'm starting to feel lots better but my throat is still a bit sore and my voice can only be described as... transgender male. (No offence to transgender males.) And because sharing is caring, the hubs is sick too. He wants to smother me for my generosity. I don't blame him, to be honest. 

Anyway, while we've been sick, it's stormed twice. The last one was last night, and they said we'd get three to six inches of snow. 

Three to six inches my ass.

This is the back door. Can't quite get it open because of all the bloody snow!

But it does look pretty, doesn't it? Until we have to drive in it, that is. They showed live shots of the highway and it looked like icy, frozen hell. It's frickin' freezing today and I really hope the roads aren't too slippery because we need to run errands and get food!

The poor hubs went outside to snow blow and he looked so miserable and cold when he came back inside. Poor fellow :(

Brrrr!

7 comments:

helenjanei said...

I'm soooo jealous! (of the snow, not the Flu, poor you!) here in the UK we are on day 256 of gray sky's, no light and pissing rain. Your photos look lovely

mascanlon said...

It's does look beautiful from a distance! Hope both you and the hubs are on the mend and can enjoy a better NY Eve!

Frog Quilter said...

Beautiful pictures. Hope you both are better.

Sandra said...

yeah, up here in New Brunswick Canada, we have at least as much snow, if not more. Poor old Montreal got 45cm (18inches) in one day. Imagine (no thankyou)! In winter I'd much rather be back in the good old UK, it might be dreary, but at least you don't have to shovel "dreary"....

Sharon M said...

I wanted snow so bad when I was there but noooooooooo....you get it all now! Sorry you are under the weather, hope you get better soon. Beautiful photos. I think we hit 60 here in Las Vegas today with lots of sun.

Hannah said...

They coughed on you on Christmas Eve and then you were sick from Christmas Eve? Sure sounds like a fast moving virus! ;-)

The snow looks pretty! Very different to the 33 degrees cel. we have here today.

Marla said...

From warm and sunny New Orleans that snow looks just beautiful. Sorry about your cold :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...