June 1, 2012

A Quilt For Tucker

I completely forgot to take pictures of this baby triangle quilt I'd made for my friend's newborn son, Tucker. He arrived a couple of days ago, and was named for my friend's father who'd passed away a few short years ago. I saw pictures on Facebook (does it seem like that's how everyone gets their news these days???) and he's cute as can be!

I know I fussed over it for a long time, but I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The backing and binding are both a brown gingham that I thought was cute yet boyish. I just stitched in the ditch to lessen any fussiness because I know the mummy likes it very simple. Hopefully it'll be loved and used! A lot :) Looking forward to meeting the little man but I think I'm going to mail the quilt in case I don't see them till all the summer gatherings start happening later in the summer.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

So pretty! I love the mix of polka dots, gingham, and pastels. And the triangles! :D

beth said...

Good job!! Yes... Facebook seems to be the way we find things out these days. ;)

CitricSugar said...

Really cute!

I take flak from all sides because I don't have facebook and never know what's going on. But that's just how I roll....

Lara said...

Love this quilt :)

Cindy said...

Very pretty! I'm sure they'll both love it!:)

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

It's such a simple beautiful quilt, Tucker is one lucky baby!

Anonymous said...

Hi. Another lovely quilt. thank you. Please would you list the pastel colours you used? Many thanks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...