May 2, 2011

Hexie Bible Cover

My mum's bible cover's all done! It took me forever to get it finished because I was trying to figure out whether or not I should put a flap on it. I opted for not... it looked a little less fussy without.

Instead of batting, I used Decor Bond interfacing so that it's less poofy. Definitely easier to sew through the many layers too.

I put three hexagon flowers on the cover... it looks mildly idiotic when laid out like that, but I wanted one of the flowers over the spine.

I used the stripes for the background and lining, and had them going in opposite directions.

And the big dots for the inside flap thingies. It still boggles my mind that my mum chose fabric with purple in it!
Mum, I hope you like it. And I hope it fits. If it doesn't, I refer you to Aurelia who took the measurements :)

(I used Adam Levin's The Instructions as a model for the cover because nothing else seems to have the same dimensions as my mum's bible.)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...