December 11, 2010

Sew Crafty


Took an accidental break from the blog... whoopsie doodles. I've been up to a few little things, plus attempting to do that pesky Christmas shopping. I'm horrid with gifts so it takes me forever.

I'm currently working on my last custom order for Christmas and it's sort of an Edgar Allan Poe theme (hence those ravens). I wasn't quite sure how to approach the quilting, till I remembered the quilting on the Plain Spoken quilt in Modern Quilt Workshop.

I know it's meant to look like water, but I thought the overall look could also be kind of wispy and sinister.

It's my first go at this quilting pattern so I was a little apprehensive, but I like how it's turning out so far.

I ordered myself a camera bag online, but till it arrives, I thought I'd make myself a little box pouch... And of course, it's quilty :) I used this cute birdie fabric (or mustaches if you ask my husband haha!) and just did straight line quilting.

I hate working with zippers. They're so fiddly and I always end up poking myself with pins. Always.

But it turned out pretty nicely so I can't complain :)

I got myself a new pincushion! It's so frakking cute, I can't stand it.

I'm a little teapot, short and stout... this is my handle, this is my spout.

[Edit: I've been getting an inordinate number of questions about this teapot pincushion for some reason. It was from Jo-Ann Fabrics three years ago, and is no longer available. And no, I don't know where to get one now and I'm not selling this one.]

And I finished my MIL's potholders. I decided to just stitch in the ditch after all (my first time doing that ever!) so that the star would be easily visible. I think I'm going to give them to her as a pre-Christmas gift so she can use it right away. I hope she likes them!

Have a great weekend all!! :)

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Those pins are too long for things like box construction. I got some like that last year and you should have seen me going crazy poking myself... yep I was using those long pins to pin sleeve binding on an 18 month old's dress sleeves. I went back to my old 8th grade short pins and no more poking.

Anyway, love the mustache/bird fabric box! And the potholders are awesome.

amy smart said...

OH my, that pin cushion is so adorable!!

Aurelia said...

LOVE the new pin cushion!!! =)

Lee said...

Own, everything is SO cute! I can't choose one. Ok, but I really like that pincushion.^^

Have a nice weekend.=)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...