May 1, 2010

Planned Birthday Pressie

My MIL's birthday is in a couple weeks and I'd really love to make her a lap quilt for her to lay under while she watches TV.

The idea's been swimming around my head for weeks but I've had other quilts to finish so I was afraid I couldn't get to it in time. But I've just finished a large commissioned quilt so it's a definite possibility!

I chose these fabrics because she likes pastels, beiges and browns... basically the complete opposite of my favourite colour palettes hehe

I'm thinking of doing something like the strippy patchwork quilt from Suzuko Koseki's Patchwork Style. She doesn't name her quilts so here's a couple pictures.

Don't you just want to tell the girl to get out off the damn quilt so you can see it better? I sure do.

If I have the time and inclination, I might make her a couple of pillows to go with it. We'll get the quilt done first then we'll see :)

3 comments:

Lara said...

Love that quilt. Your MIL must be super nice - all May babies are the best... tehehe... I am only speaking from personal experience :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

i like your idea! and no.. i don't want to ask the girl to get off the quilt!

Rebekah said...

I love that patchwork quilt that you're using for inspiration (but knowing you, this quilt is already finished!) :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...